Beliefs About Coaching

Part of being your Instructional Guide and Coach is being your partner in thinking, collaborating, planning, and teaching. It can be helpful to know a little about the person you are partnering with. Here are my core beliefs and practices related to coaching.   



My Core Beliefs: 
I will stay focused on student learning.
I will assume positive intentions at all times. Everyone cares deeply for their students and is doing the best job they can.
I am a teaching and thinking partner, not an expert who has all the answers.
Teachers drive the work of coaching cycles. I do not have a hidden agenda.  
Maintaining trust and confidentiality is critical. 

My Practices: 
I will work with teachers to set goals based on formative assessment.
I will work with teachers to create learning targets centered around our goal.  
I will co-plan with teachers.
I will co-teach with teachers.
I will micro model lessons.
I will co-confer and think aloud with teachers.  
I will reflect with teachers at the end of each coaching cycle.

What are your core beliefs and practices as they relate to teaching and/or coaching? 

Your Coach, 


Comments